Button batteries can begin to release dangerous chemicals that can burn within a couple of hours of ingestion, and for children who swallow the batteries and get them stuck in their throat, the burning can causue severe damage.
Remote Control Button Batteries Warning
It is essential to take heed of all manufacturers’ instructions when using remote control handsets or operating devices powered by button batteries and to dispose of used batteries carefully and away from the reach of children and pets.
About UsWe are a UK organisation promoting the security and safety benefits of home automation and smart home technology. Read more about our stated aims here.
Latest News and blog posts
- Child Safety and Window Blind Cords Campaign
- UniKey Smartphone App Automates Traditional Locks
- Home Automation to Become Mainstream
- Key Benefits of Home Automation for Vulnerable People
- Smart Grid Paranoia Or Future Reality?
- Save Money With Smart Home Energy Management
- Home Automation And Home Security Protects Both You And Your Belongings
- Are You Losing Money Without Home Insulation
- Thrift Made Easy Through Smart Home Automation
- Is this the World’s Coolest Garage?