The options are now available to the homeowner to automate almost every aspect of their home, including door locks.
It is nothing new to use digital door locks and entry systems, however a recent product that is be released into the market by UniKey Technologies Inc. is taking full advantage of merging smartphone capabilities combined with the traditional door lock.
Security and convenience
And, perhaps the most important aspect of the product is that it has the potential to bring practical home automation to the mainstream. Whilst final pricing hasn’t been confirmed, the UniKey lock will cost less than $199. It is unclear at this stage if the product will be available in the UK initially, however, if it’s a success, it is highly likely that we’ll see this home automation technology very soon. In our opinion, the brilliance of the UniKey system is the utilisation of existing technologies (i.e. smartphones and traditional door locks) to create a new sophisticated experience that provides convenience and security.
For further information about UniKey:
Click here to register for further details about UniKey at their website.
About UsWe are a UK organisation promoting the security and safety benefits of home automation and smart home technology. Read more about our stated aims here.
Latest News and blog posts
- Child Safety and Window Blind Cords Campaign
- UniKey Smartphone App Automates Traditional Locks
- Home Automation to Become Mainstream
- Key Benefits of Home Automation for Vulnerable People
- Smart Grid Paranoia Or Future Reality?
- Save Money With Smart Home Energy Management
- Home Automation And Home Security Protects Both You And Your Belongings
- Are You Losing Money Without Home Insulation
- Thrift Made Easy Through Smart Home Automation
- Is this the World’s Coolest Garage?